Europejskiego Trybunału Praw Człowieka
z dnia 13 lutego 2018 r.
Application no. 35852/11
The European Court of Human Rights (Fifth Section), sitting on 13 February 2018 as a Committee composed of:
Yonko Grozev, President,
Lado Chanturia, judges,
and Anne-Marie Dougin, Acting Deputy Section Registrar,
Having regard to the above application lodged on 31 May 2011,
Having deliberated, decides as follows:
FACTS AND PROCEDURE
1. The applicant, Mr Aleksandre Tcholadze, is a Georgian national, who was born in 1980 and lives in Tskaltubo. He was represented before the Court by Ms Ts. Babunashvili, a lawyer practising in Georgia.
2. The applicant's complaint under Article 6 § 1 of the Convention concerning the alleged unfairness of the criminal proceedings against him were communicated to the Georgian Government on 16 November 2016. The latter were represented by their Agent, Mr B. Dzamashvili, of the Ministry of Justice.
3. The applicant failed to respond to the last Registry's letter of 20 September 2017 (received by his representative on 5 October 2017), reminding him that the period allowed for submission of his observations in reply had expired on 17 July 2017 and that no extension of time had been requested. His attention was drawn to Article 37 § 1 (a) of the Convention.
4. The Court considers that, in these circumstances, the applicant may be regarded as no longer wishing to pursue his application, within the meaning of Article 37 § 1 (a) of the Convention. Furthermore, in accordance with Article 37 § 1 in fine, the Court finds no special circumstances regarding respect for human rights as defined in the Convention and its Protocols which require the continued examination of the case.
5. In view of the above, it is appropriate to strike the case out of the list.
FOR THESE REASONS, THE COURT, UNANIMOUSLY,
Decides to strike the application out of its list of cases.
Done in English and notified in writing on 8 March 2018.
Acting Deputy Registrar